Join us for an amazing swim week in the clear blue waters of Sandy Bay in beautiful Castlegregory County Kerry for our annual Irish Water Safety Swim Week.
All children are welcome and will be well cared for during their swim lesson by experienced and qualified IWS swim instructors.
We encourage you to book online to avoid disappointment as the swim weeks book up quickly!
IWS Swimming Levels
We cover the following swimming levels. If your child has attended previously be sure to let us know when you book your IWS swim week online:
- Seal 1-5
- Marlin 6-10
- Orca 11-15
A typical swim week
- We start on Monday morning with registration at 9:30 am in Sandy Bay Car park.
- On Tuesday to Friday we will start at 10am.
- Emilie Roberts and Katherine Syme will be there to welcome you and receive your signed consent forms.
- The students will be grouped according their ability based on the info you provided when you booked online.
- You will receive a schedule of your child's swim times for the week after day 1 - please check the notice board on the beach / carpark.
- Please note We are only supervising your children during their swim lessons.
- The swim ratio of qualified instructors to students is 1:35.
- The class sizes vary depending on the number of children in each level, but will typically be in between 4 to 8 students for a 20 minute session, each child will receive 10 lessons per week (weather allowing).
- The 10th session is the exam. Your child will receive an IWS swim certificate.